….or not to share. That is the question.
Do you ever find that you get stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to having exciting news?
Something that I’ve always struggled with is when to keep a secret so that I can have a surprise and when to tell the whole world about my exciting news.
I seem to have this habit of telling one or two (or five) close friends about whatever my news is, and then I just keep telling more and more people until everyone knows anyway. I’m terrible at surprises.
This is strange, as I tend to be excellent with keeping secrets. If you make me promise that I won’t tell anyone your secret then no-one will be told. Not even my husband.
But, when the secret is my own, I tend to want to tell the world.
I have such a secret right now and I’m insanely excited about it, which makes it almost impossible to keep quiet about it.
Maybe, if you’re nice to me, I’ll let you have a guess….
I’ve finally managed to get internet at home, so I can finally start blogging again.
Of course I’m tremendously excited about this.
I’m also at a complete loss as to what I’m going to be writing about.
I’ve been out of the blogging loop for so long that I feel as if I’ve developed a mild case of writer’s block. I may resort to posting memes until I get my mojo back. (Or until I have something interesting enough to blog about)
First thing’s first though….I need to post a pic of my gorgeous daughter for you to admire.
See you soon!!
Man, these short weeks can really screw you over!
This is the busiest I’ve been in months with tons of boring work to do in the shortest possible time. The nice thing is that lots of work tends to make time go by faster. So I get laze around and enjoy the many public holidays and feel like there’s only a few hours between each.
A lot of you will know that we went for our 5th scan on Monday. It seems we have a bit of a hyper child growing in my belly. We could barely get any good still shots of her because she was moving around too much (which she does all the time). There was one moment where she kicked the spot where the probe was so hard that the doctor got a fright. I could actually see her foot as it kicked. I had to fight to control my laughter.
I have bit of good news too….we finally have a full name for our baby girl (who is still a girl according to the doc). Hubby wants to announce her names when she’s born, but I’m slowly getting him to admit that it would be a good idea to tell everyone now already. This probably seems like a silly thing, but just finding a name was such a big issue for us that making a fuss about announcing it seems only natural.
Sooooo, if you see a protected post in the near future – you’ll know what it’s about 😉
P.S: I’m voting tomorrow – I hope you are too!! Have a good Saffa election day….:-)
Following in the footsteps of SleepyJane, I’ve decided to do a Top 10 post.
A lot of people are going through some pretty tough times for a variety of reasons. Besides for the global economy and stressing about having a job, it seems that service delivery and common decency has also gone out the window. All of this has affected me in some way and has made me a very unhappy person of late.
Which is why I want to focus on the positive today. My top ten list today is about things that I am grateful for. Things that still make me happy amongst all this uncertainty and distress.
- Still having a job – this was very touch and go not too long ago, and is still not entirely certain, but at least I still get paid a salary every month.
- My new townhouse – I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I just have to say it again. We’ve been there just over two months now and I absolutely love the place. Normally it takes a while for a new place to feel like home. Not this one though. I felt like I was home from the first week.
- My mom – she’s been so amazing the last while. I hate getting all gushy about it, but I do really have the best mom in the world!! (PS – Mom, I know you’re reading this, please don’t go overboard with the gush again :-))
- My Hubby – the love of my life. He’s at KKNK at the moment and I am going crazy from missing him. He spoils me to death, puts up with my moods, calms me down when I’m fuming and lets me lie on the couch while he makes supper, just because I’m tired.
- The Interwebz – for keeping me sane on long days. I often have very little to do during the day, what with the uncertainty surrounding our job situation. If it wasn’t for free net access, I would’ve gone crazy by now.
- Berry Delight Nougat – whoever invented this should be given a medal. If I have a crap day, I eat one of these and the world is right again.
- Gaviscon – how do I love thee, let me count the sips. This stuff is awesome. I don’t usually get heartburn at all, but with baby taking up all the space in my torso I’m drinking this stuff like it was milkshake. Speaking of which…
- Milkshakes – any flavour, though I am partial to Strawberry at the moment. I order a milkshake every time we go eat out and I normally finish them before the food even arrives. I just can’t get enough of their creamy goodness.
- My bed – I have an awesome bed. I’m sure it has magical powers. Whenever I sit or lie down on it I feel instantly relaxed. Its a haven I can escape to after a long day and my favourite place to be when its rainy and cold. I ♥ my bed 🙂
- My unborn baby – especially when she uses my insides as a jumping castle. I’m amazed at how much I already love her. My instinct to protect her and care for her is almost overwhelming. I’m finally at a place where I’m enjoying my pregnancy (even though its still a pretty uncomfortable business) purely because I love my child so much already. I think I finally get what all the fuss is about.
So all in all I have quite a bit to be grateful for, even though it doesn’t always seem that way. Now how about you, what are you grateful for?