My thanks to my friends at Domkop for this idea.
Everyone knows that you don’t really work on a Friday, especially if you have all kinds of other interesting things to look at. I do a fair amount of browsing in a week and I often find really cool sites which I promptly bookmark. But why keep all of that to myself when I could share it with all of you. So without further ado, here are my fav sites for the week 🙂
1. I love finding new places in SA to go to. I’m like a tourist in my own country, looking for ways to learn and experience more of our diverse culture. Which is why I’m so happy I found Dinokeng:
The name Dinokeng is derived from the languages of the baTswana and baPedi people who traditionally inhabited the area. Meaning “a place of rivers”, Dinokeng lies in the catchment area of two rivers that flow into the Olifants and Limpopo rivers and on to the Indian Ocean. In African culture, river sources have sacred significance and their confluences are believed to hold healing powers.
It’s only about 45min drive from Joburg and there is so much to do and so many places to stay that I barely know where to start. I can’t wait to go explore!
2. Voting day is just around the corner in South Africa as is evident by the hundreds of political ads on radio and TV. Many people are still very undecided as to who they should vote for. In reply to this dilemma, Mail and Guardian Online have set up the Pole Predictor to help you make your decision.
3. I’m a die-hard cricket fan who hates being at work when all the good matches are on. Luckily, I came across Cricbuzz a little while ago. It gives ball by ball updates of the match in Twitter style posts. Everything is updated live, so I don’t miss a moment of the match. Guess what I’ll be doing from 12:30 today 🙂
4. On the subject of cricket, the Indian Premier League (IPL) started off with a bang yesterday by way of a street carnival in Cape Town. This was just the beginning of six weeks of tremendous Twenty20 action, the details of which are available on the Official Website of the Indian Premier League. Anything from teams and schedules to a fantasy league is available here. They even have a mailing list and a YouTube channel!
5. I love reading about stupid people (possibly because it makes me feel smarter). My article of the week has to be this one. Now I’m a very competitive person and will argue my point to the extreme. But I would never put my own life in danger just to prove a point. Maybe I’m just not dedicated enough….
Have an awesome weekend everyone!!