Following in the footsteps of SleepyJane, I’ve decided to do a Top 10 post.
A lot of people are going through some pretty tough times for a variety of reasons. Besides for the global economy and stressing about having a job, it seems that service delivery and common decency has also gone out the window. All of this has affected me in some way and has made me a very unhappy person of late.
Which is why I want to focus on the positive today. My top ten list today is about things that I am grateful for. Things that still make me happy amongst all this uncertainty and distress.
- Still having a job – this was very touch and go not too long ago, and is still not entirely certain, but at least I still get paid a salary every month.
- My new townhouse – I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I just have to say it again. We’ve been there just over two months now and I absolutely love the place. Normally it takes a while for a new place to feel like home. Not this one though. I felt like I was home from the first week.
- My mom – she’s been so amazing the last while. I hate getting all gushy about it, but I do really have the best mom in the world!! (PS – Mom, I know you’re reading this, please don’t go overboard with the gush again :-))
- My Hubby – the love of my life. He’s at KKNK at the moment and I am going crazy from missing him. He spoils me to death, puts up with my moods, calms me down when I’m fuming and lets me lie on the couch while he makes supper, just because I’m tired.
- The Interwebz – for keeping me sane on long days. I often have very little to do during the day, what with the uncertainty surrounding our job situation. If it wasn’t for free net access, I would’ve gone crazy by now.
- Berry Delight Nougat – whoever invented this should be given a medal. If I have a crap day, I eat one of these and the world is right again.
- Gaviscon – how do I love thee, let me count the sips. This stuff is awesome. I don’t usually get heartburn at all, but with baby taking up all the space in my torso I’m drinking this stuff like it was milkshake. Speaking of which…
- Milkshakes – any flavour, though I am partial to Strawberry at the moment. I order a milkshake every time we go eat out and I normally finish them before the food even arrives. I just can’t get enough of their creamy goodness.
- My bed – I have an awesome bed. I’m sure it has magical powers. Whenever I sit or lie down on it I feel instantly relaxed. Its a haven I can escape to after a long day and my favourite place to be when its rainy and cold. I ♥ my bed 🙂
- My unborn baby – especially when she uses my insides as a jumping castle. I’m amazed at how much I already love her. My instinct to protect her and care for her is almost overwhelming. I’m finally at a place where I’m enjoying my pregnancy (even though its still a pretty uncomfortable business) purely because I love my child so much already. I think I finally get what all the fuss is about.
So all in all I have quite a bit to be grateful for, even though it doesn’t always seem that way. Now how about you, what are you grateful for?