Right, so I know I said I would blog more before I go on holiday, but quite frankly I’ve just been too tired and fed-up to do much more than play mindless games on my pc. My boss has been in a foul mood for the past two weeks and I’ve been at the receiving end. This is a very draining place to be and as a result I’ve been conking out at 9pm every night.
- I’m not enjoying the first 3 months of pregnancy. I’m 6 weeks now and so far it has not been fun. My clothes don’t quite fit, I’m walking around in a semi-constant state of light nausea, my moods are….strange, and I’m suffering from an assortment of aches and pains that are apparently completely normal. I’m also totally buggered….besides for being exhausted from the long and excruciating year, I’m falling asleep in the office loo because of a total lack of energy which is also attributable to being preggers. FUN!!
- I have suddenly developed an urge to bake stuff. I want to bake a cake and a milk tart and some cookies for Christmas. I’ve never been someone to bake so this is a bit weird.
- I think and sometimes even dream in English, even though I’m Afrikaans. I think this is because of being married to an ‘Engelsman’. Hubby’s Afrikaans isn’t half bad, but it just sounds weird when we speak Afrikaans to each other. As a result my brain automatically does things like counting in English.
- I once spent about an hour underwater in my gran’s pool. I was about 10 years old and had gotten a snorkel and goggles for Christmas. I put them on and spent the entire time breathing through the snorkel, pretending that I was some kind of mermaid princess. It’s a fond memory.
- I don’t like phoning people. The only people who I would happily phone and spend hours speaking to is my husband and my mom. Other than that I avoid phonecalls like the plague. I would rather send you an email. I’m not particulary fond of smsses either. I have a phone so people can phone me and even then I might not answer. If you don’t leave a message, I won’t phone you back. This doesn’t apply to weekends though…..I’ll answer your calls then 🙂
- I suck at chess. I own a beautiful wooden chess table that was made by my great-grandfather. I refuse to use it as a table even though I never play on it. I can’t wait to move into a bigger place where I can display it better. I might just start playing then. Who knows, I might even win a game eventually!