Following in the tradition started by SleepyJane (and because I have very little motivation to do much else), here is my list of 10 favourite restaurants in Roodepoort (….I’m keeping it in Roodepoort, because if I had to expand, this list would be of at least 50 restaurants!!)
In no particular order:
- Piatto in Westgate. I’ve only eaten there once, but the food and the service was amazing (and well priced). I’ve only heard good things since and am seriously planning a big get together there.
- Seemans in Little Falls. Their food is fantastic, especially if you like meat. It’s a restaurant and a butchery in one, so their prices are also completely out of this world. (in a good way) They have the best steak on the West Rand, and at the price, you can have twice the steak for half the price!!
- Fournos Bakery also in Little Falls. They’re right next door to Seemans….it’s like a food heaven!! I’ve haven’t actually sat down and eaten there yet, but I have sampled the food from their bakery and it is to die for. Chocolate croissants, petit fours, mini milktarts, doughnuts….it’s a pregnant woman’s Mecca, I tell you!!
- Simply Asia in Clearwater Mall. The most amazing Thai restaurant ever!! I absolutely love this place. At once stage Hubby and I ate there every Sunday. Try the 515, trust me 🙂
- Café Fino in Clearwater Mall. The have the most delectable wraps and fabulous breakfasts. Go hungry.
- Sushi Tei in Ruimsig. They have the best sushi ever. Period. Sadly, I can’t eat their sushi for the next few months, but luckily they have a fantastic Tepanyaki section as well. (you know, those flat grills with the guys who throw your food around while you watch) Was there last night for a birthday, will go again soon.
- The Chinese Kitchen, also in Ruimsig. In Featherbrooke Village Shopping Centre, there lies a tiny restaurant in a corner. They serve an array of Chinese fare in the most delicate of settings. Perfect if you want to have a romantic dinner for two (especially if you have a small budget.) I can recommend any of the set menus for 2.
- Primi Frontier in Ruimsig. Home to the Jamjar and Teapot cocktails…..and the most delicious pizza and pasta around. Sadly, they seem to have closed down until further notice. Let’s hope it just for renovations.
- Adegas in Wilro Park. Prawns prawns prawns…..enough said.
- Meat-n-Eat on Ontdekkers Road. What a concept….you order your meat and the rest is all you can eat. Sounds like my kinda place. Book in advance if you plan to go over a weekend though, the place has been packed every night since they opened.
That’s me for now (can you tell I love food??). I promise to try and blog more often before my holiday starts next week 😉